Thursday, February 22, 2018

I Love This Marblehead Kitchen

Marblehead cottage renovation, MA. Molly Frey Design. Eric Roth photo.via

I took this photo yesterday of my mature rosemary topiary that has tree bark on the trunk! It isn't that old either, maybe four years, and I started it from a cutting I rooted in water. It had a few tiny purple blooms over the winter that looked like tiny orchids. I have some of her cuttings rooting right now and I have four with tiny roots that I planted in a pot along with a geranium. I often do this so they can get encouragement from another plant until they harden off. How does your indoor garden grow?

5 comments:

Vickie H. said...

I am FASCINATED by this....I need more information....and I bet it smells heavenly!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Do you keep the rsemary in the house - and does it do well? It is so cute!

Linda said...

I do love that Marblehead kitchen, too.

Am overwhelmed by your success in growing rosemary indoors. It took me only a month to kill a lovely plant a friend gave to me shortly after Christmas.

Lisa D. said...

Charming kitchen. (I'm in need of a little kitchen mojo.) I love an indoor kitchen/herb garden too, but my kitties would think of it as their playground! Oh well. Please tell me where you got your rosemary pot, Rosemary.

Content in a Cottage said...

lisa :: I got the pot from an exhibitor at an antique show long ago. I was once an antiques dealer and did shows. The firm is still in business but I don't think they make terra cotta pots now.
ATLOCK FARM
545 Weston Canal Rd
Somerset, New Jersey 08873
(732) 356-3373
I think they are only open to the public on Saturdays.
Hope this helps.
xo, Rosemary