Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Robin with Snowdrops

It's snowing again at my house and is supposed to turn to rain later. I love this photo by Warren Photographic of an English robin sitting on some snow covered moss with snowdrops nearby. via

I found a large clump of snowdrops near the foundation of my cottage yesterday, very close to my front door. They were newly planted last spring when I found them growing wild in the woods. I think it will be a while before they bloom but it's still exciting to see the spring green shoots. They are right on time too, because it's February. 

4 comments:

Catherine said...

I wish we had snow drops. ;-(

Lisa D. said...

Is there another name for this flower besides Snowdrops? I'm sure I have these in my backyard, but I live in California.

Content in a Cottage said...

Lisa -- Snowdrops are also called Galanthus.
https://www.easytogrowbulbs.com/pages/galanthus-planting-guide
xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Catherine -- You should plant some. They are very hardy and easy to grow from little bulbs. Also called Galanthus.
https://www.easytogrowbulbs.com/pages/galanthus-planting-guide
xo, Rosemary