Friday, April 6, 2018

Gorgeous London Photo

I wonder how long it took for so many red busses to cross the bridge while composing this gorgeous photo? via
I woke up to snow again this morning but it stopped in fewer than three hours and is melting quickly. I got in two full days of manual labor outside this week. I severely pruned (hacked down) the bushes that were obstructing my view of oncoming cars at the other end of my half-circular drive drive. I have wanted to do this for years and for some reason the mood struck me on Wednesday and Thursday. It felt so good to do some hard work in between snow storms and before the hot weather sets in. I took down some large weed trees too called Trees of Heaven. They spread like wildfire and are an invasive species from China and they grow very tall in one season, thus their name.
Enjoy your Friday. xo

5 comments:

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Snow again!!! I love that photo - the red buses are such a beautiful accent.

Linda said...

This week there must have been something in the air, as the saying goes. I spent several hours for four days straight pruning wildly over-grown Asian boxwoods and raking an amazing quantity of leaves from behind, under and within them. Had I kept up with this chore from winter to winter as I once did when the plants were young, it wouldn't have become the monster it turned out to be. I have to say, the five of plants look a bit rattled or embarrassed but in a few weeks as the weather warms, they will fill out and be quite proud. Me. I have been sleeping quite soundly as I know you have, too, Rosemary.

Content in a Cottage said...

Linda -- There's nothing like true physical labor in the garden to make one sleep like a log.
xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Carrie @ Cozy Cottage --Agreed! Those pops of red really enhance the photo.
The snow melted immediately :)
xo, Rosemary

The Queen Vee said...

I was out pulling weeds in the rain today, easier to pull when the ground is wet. The most amazing and vicious weeds grow out here in Utah. With everything fairly new in our yard there is not much to trim yet....in fact I need to put in several new plantings in the next month.

I'm really glad the snow that fell on you didn't stick. Who wants to be shoveling that stuff in April. We may get a bit more of it here next week but have been assured it won't amount to much of anything except up in the higher elevations in the mountains. Is does feel good to get out and in the garden/yard and start spring clean up. Looks like you are off to an excellent start Rosemary.